Wednesday

Tacobell. The Food Bill.

I am not very keen on being frugal, you see, i like to shop and buy whatever in the world i please. So for my first post on frugality, i will inform you my latest endeavor.i have signed up for mint.com, it is quite nifty. Basically, you put in your  bank account information (no worries, it doesnt steal identities or bad stuff like that) and it organizes where you spend the bulk of your allowances and puts where you shop the most into perspective.
as you can see, for the year i have spent impressive amounts at walmart and heb (our local grocery store) but what amazed me the most was the fact that i have actually spent $67 at tacobell in four months. and in the "others" category   i have spent an astounding $64 at wendy's. that is a ridiculous $131 at two fast food places. 
i have to say i am quite impressed with my spending here. and by impressed, i really mean disgusted. you do see i spent $323 on fast food.. while also spending $947 on groceries. i know i've been working around feeding six people but this looks excessive. i also spent $236 on restaurants. good lord, i dont even have words for this. My new goal.. so that i may save for my "luxury apartment" is to cut that spending astronomically. This seems pretty easy in theory, but the boyfriend and i love food. Starting in May (it seems pretty pointless to try to salvage april and the counter begins on the first of the month any how) i plan to write down everything i buy. every thing. and then break up that price into servings or ounces or something to really know the value of what im getting. there is no reason that i should average almost $400 a month on food. I shall begin by avoiding fast food as much as possible. this will help my expanding waistline as much as it helps my pocket bo0k.

No comments:

Post a Comment